Moreno Giovannoni emigrated from Italy at the age of two. He grew up in north-east Victoria but left his heart in San Ginese where he was born. A translator and writer who has been published in The Age, Island and Southerly, he was the 2015 inaugural winner of the Deborah Cass Prize and is currently writing The Sweet Life set among the Italian Community in North-East Victoria in the 1960s. Black Inc will publish his Tales from San Ginese in 2018.
- Entries are now open for The 2018 Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers May 13, 2018
- Quantum Words 2018 – Call For Submissions April 20, 2018
- Talking Writing: Make It Funny March 26, 2018
- Alicia Gilmore’s Path to the Night Sea March 20, 2018
- Character and Its Critics March 2, 2018
A.S. Patrić Ali Alizadeh Ali Cobby Eckermann animals Anthony Lawrence australian poetry blog books Bruce Pascoe Call for Submissions Claire Scobie David Brooks Eileen Chong family fiction Fiona McFarlane guest historical fiction history India indigenous literature issue Japan John Kinsella Joshua Mei-Ling Dubrau Judith Beveridge Kate Fagan launch Liam Ferney Lisa Gorton literature Luke Beesley Luke Carman Maria Takolander Mark Tredinnick News poetry reading Southerly Sydney Tracy Ryan Walter Mason writers writing writing life